One of the most popular recipes that you will find in the menu of Parsi or Persian restaurants. Dried cranberries give this flavourful rice preparation a different taste all together.
BERRY PULAO – (Serves -4)
¼ cup dried cranberries
1½ cups Basmati rice, soaked for 20 minutes
A large pinch saffron
2 tablespoons ghee
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon poppy seed paste
¼ teaspoon green cardamom powder
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves + for garnishing
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ cup tomato puree
400 grams boneless chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup browned onions
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon chaat masala
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ cup fried cashewnuts
1. Heat 3 cups water in a non-stick pan. Add saffron, 1 tablespoon ghee, salt and bring to a boil. Drain and add rice, mix, cover and cook till the rice is done.
2. Heat remaining ghee in another non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and ginger-garlic paste, mix and sauté for 30 seconds. Add turmeric powder and chilli powder, mix and sauté for a minute.
3. Add poppy seed paste, cardamom powder, 1 tablespoon coriander leaves and little water and mix well. Add coriander powder and mix well.
4. Add tomato puree and salt, mix well and cook till the ghee separates.
5. Add chicken and mix. Add ½ cup browned onions, mix well, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add garam masala powder, chaat masala, sugar and ½ tablespoon coriander leaves and mix. Add little water and mix.
7. Spread the cooked rice evenly and top with remaining browned onions, cashewnuts and berries and remaining coriander leaves. Drizzle some ghee, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor