Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe. Click to subscribe for more recipe.
12-15 garlic cloves, sliced
2½-3 cups pressed rice
2-3 tablespoons oil
½ cup raw peanuts
¼ cup cashewnuts, halved
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
¼ teaspoon asafoetida
10-12 curry leaves
4 green chillies, slit
¼ cup split Bengal gram
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven at 180ºC.
2. Put ½ of pressed rice onto a baking tray. Place the baking tray in preheated oven and roast for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
3. Dry roast remaining pressed rice in a non-stick pan till crisp. Transfer in a bowl and cool.
4. Heat some oil in a non-stick pan. Shallow-fry peanuts andcashewnuts individually till golden and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper.
5. To prepare tempering, heat the same non-stick pan. Add garlic and fry till golden and crisp. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and mix well.
6. Reduce heat, add split Bengal gram, mix and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
7. Add fried peanuts, cashewnuts and roasted pressed rice, mix and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
8. Serve or store in an airtight container.
Preparation Time:5-8 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Cookware by : http://www.wonderchef.in
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor