This quick and easy baked cheesecake recipe is a classic dessert. Swap mandarins for small oranges or add white chocolate!
Cook mins: 30 | Servings: 12 squares
250g sweet biscuits, such as butternut snaps
100g Woolworths Select butter, melted
500g cream cheese, chopped at room temperature
1 cup Homebrand caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup Woolworths sour cream
2 Woolworths Select free range eggs
½ cup Homebrand raw sugar
1. Preheat oven 160°C fan-forced. Grease a 20 x 30cm lamington pan; line base and 2 long sides with a sheet of baking paper.
2. Break biscuits into the bowl of a food processor, process to fine crumbs. Add melted butter, process until well combined. Press into base of prepared pan. Refrigerate while making the topping.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and sour cream together until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, and beat until well combined. Pour over the biscuit base and bake about 25-30 minutes or until cheesecake slice is cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool in the pan.
4. For the mandarin compote; cut 4 of the mandarins in half through the centre, juice, you will need 1 cup of juice. Pour into a saucepan, add the sugar and bring to the boil, stirring. Boil gently 3 minutes until syrup reduced slightly. Remove from the heat. Peel and segment the remaining mandarins and add to the warm syrup. Set aside to cool.
5. Cut the cheesecake into pieces (about 6cm x 6cm), serve with a spoonful mandarin compote.
Tip1: For a white chocolate cheesecake, stir 200g melted & cooled Woolworths Select white chocolate into the filling in step 3 after the sour cream.
Tip2: Swap mandarins with small oranges.
Tip3: Swap the biscuit base with slices of Madeira cake.